Local business, Aurelia Goddard, recently launched a brand new website with cards for special occasions. Owner, Caroline Goddard, is a long-term supporter of the Priaulx Premature Baby Foundation (PPBF) and donates beautifully handcrafted ‘Baby Girl’ and ‘Baby Boy’ cards to include in each of our PPBF Baby Boxes.
Additionally, working in a way that is environmentally friendly is at the heart of Aurelia Goddard’s products. All inks and paints are non-toxic, paper is compostable and each material is carefully chosen to be recyclable, made from recycled materials, or biodegradable. Here at the PPBF, we put that same amount of detail and love into the creation of our Baby Boxes.
It has never been more important to ensure a healthy future for our children. Here are a few of the ways we can care for families and their little ones, while also caring for the environment.
1. We encourage our Baby Boxes to be re-used. Rather than disposing of them, Baby Boxes are sturdy and colourful enough to be used as a ‘memory box’ for future keepsakes, toys, photos and even storage.
2. The breastmilk bottles we provide to the Neonatal Unit at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital are reusable so they can easily be sterilised, reducing single-use plastics. Additionally, there are reusable thermal bags on the Neonatal Unit for warming up the bottles. The cooler bags used for transferring pumped breast milk from home to a baby staying on the unit are made from recycled materials.
3. Baby wipes are a must-have for parents. We look for brands that are biodegradable when topping up our Baby Box stock including Mum & You, and Water Wipes. Less energy is used in the production of biodegradable products, and fewer toxic substances are released, once they are disposed of.
4. We love working with brands that are local and kind. Plaisirs generously donate items to our Baby Boxes and their philosophy is that all items sold are free from ‘chemical nasties’ and fair trade, local, natural or organic. Plaisirs also plant a tree for every purchase as part of their reforestation campaign, to help combat climate change and preserve our environment for future generations.
5. Looking for some Christmas gift inspiration for the little ones in your life? We love these ‘Plastic Free Play’ ideas by JoJo Maman Bébé. From wooden toys to cosy blankets and rattles made from 100% recycled polyester, you’re sure to find something fun, and more sustainable.
6. Lastly, it’s important to look after delicate skin, especially once little ones are back home. Keep an eye out for Ecover while you’re shopping as they offer gentle laundry liquid, stain removers, household cleaners, refills and much more. All products are used with cleaner ingredients and the Ecover Zero range has been praised for leaving baby clothes soft and fresh, without the need for high water temperatures.
We are always excited about new local business ideas. We’d like to thank Aurelia Goddard for supporting the PPBF, and for inspiring us to write this blog.
“I am a very proud supporter of the Priaulx Premature Baby Foundation. This charity is very close to our hearts. The work they do is invaluable. They help families at a crucial time, when they are most in need. We hope to help make a difference.” – Caroline Goddard, owner of Aurelia Goddard.